Friday, February 28, 2014

C4K Summaries for February

C4K#1 Conan Grade 3
In his post, Conan talks about his gymnastics class the previous week. He describes how they practiced on spring board jumping ,cart wheels and the balance beam. He states that his group started with the balance beam and how easy it was to walk on it both frontwards and backwards. He goes on to state that cartwheels were easier than he thought they would be. Then this was his sentence about the spring board... "Last but not least the spring board jumping you had to get a run up and jump on the top of the board and swing your arms in the air and then you had to land."

This was my response:
I love gymnastics! I used to take it when I was younger. My favorite part of it were the cartwheels and the trampoline, but you make the springboard sound like so much fun! Nice post!

C4K#2 Daqualyn Grade 6
In his post, Daqualn is reporting on his reading so far for The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck. This is what he posted: I think a good title for chapter two would be “settling in” because the whole chapter is about lennie and george meeting everybody and getting their stuff together. I also think the title of the book should be “The hard times of George and Lennie” because this book is about their struggle.George has told Lennie to avoid Curley because Curley took an immediate dislike towards Lennie and the two of them don’t want any trouble. Curley could get Lennie and George fired if they don’t watch out,I don’t think I could get along with Curley because he’s rude, and overly aggressive. I think I’d get along better with Lennie because George looks to have a bit of a short fuse too but Lennie is a nice guy.

This was my responce:
Hi, I am Jenny Hinton, an EDM student in Mobile, Alabama. I remember reading Of Mice and Men when I was in high school and I really liked it. I very much enjoyed reading you post about this book and I think you make some very good points. I think you are right in saying that you think the title should be changed to “The Hard Times of George and Lennie.” These two men never seem to get a break in life. I also agree with you about Curley. He is very rude and overly aggressive. I don’t know if the chapter should be called “settling in” though, because as you pointed out, Curley is clearly not making them feel very welcome. I also believe that you should reconsider wanting George as a friend. He proves to be an honest and hardworking man throughout the book. Also, his love and loyalty to Lennie is not something just any man would sacrifice themselves for. I believe George just gets frustrated at times because Lennie tends to get into trouble and does not always understand what problems he causes for both himself and George. So, I hope you can give George a break as you continue reading and enjoy the book as much as I did!

C4K#3 Amber Grade 10
In her post, Amber first describes that she is a sophomore in high school and she was assigned to make a blog for her Language and Arts class. She states that she is making a blog for posting "funny quotes, inspirational quotes, and overall great quotes." She says that she hopes to help people have better days by reading these quotes. She ends her first post with the quote, "Don’t be dismayed by good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends."

This was my responce:
This sounds like a great idea for a blog page! It is very nice to hear that you are using your blog in such a positive way to help people have a better day. Also, I love the name you chose for the blog and the cool Macaws at the top of your page! I hope you enjoy making your blog and putting smiles on peoples faces. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment