Sunday, April 6, 2014

C4K Summary for March

kittens doing math
C4k#6 Conan:

In his post, Conan wrote about how math is one thing he is good at. These are the reasons he gave that it is important to be good math: 1.I just kept practicing at it.2.Its important to be good at it so you wont get ripped off.3.Never give up on your hopes and dreams and just never give up.

This was my response:
Hi Conan, I’m Jenny Hinton from the University of South Alabama EDM310 class. I think your post has a very positive message in it. It is great that you are good at math. It is not only important to help keep you from getting ripped off with your money, but it is also the key to finding out many things about our Earth and the entire universe when you become very good at it! You should continue to follow your hopes and dreams and maybe one day you can become a mathematician and accomplish great things with your life!

cat looking out window
C4K#7 Jorja:

Jorja reported on Cyclone Lusi in her post. First, she points out that all over NZ events were cancled due to the torrential rains and "horrendous conditions." She said that the cyclone lasted for at least two days. She goes on to tell about the power outages the cyclone causes and a tree hitting a family home. She then tells of the deaths that occurred in Vanatu, where Cyclone Lusi also hit. She ends her post by describing how the weather was really not that bad by the time Lusi hit where she lived and stated that, "In my experience nothing big really happened that you could call a storm."

this was my response:
That sounds like it was a very tragic event. However, I can not say that I am too unfamiliar with such weather where I live in Mobile Alabama. My name is Jenny Hinton and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. Because we live on the Gulf of Mexico, we are frequently subject to hurricanes. This is because the water in the gulf is so much warmer than it is in the Atlantic ocean that by the time a tropical storm reaches it it can literally triple in size. This allows for such tragedies like the breaking of the levies in New Orleans which led to countless deaths and loss of homes. You did a very impressive job of reporting on Cyclone Lusi, and I can relate to the strangeness that you must have felt when everyone is expecting the worst and receive so little compared to others. Weather is a crazy interesting phenomenon, and I would encourage you to research it further. Very good post.

Snake!
C4K#8 Vaifoa

Vaifoa used her post to do an animal report on anacondas. She had an introduction describing what Anacondas are and where they live. In her first paragraph she describes the most common, Green Anaconda, and how it is migrating to the Gulf of Mexico because the everglades are overpopulated. Her second paragraph tells about what kind of food anacondas eat and how big this prey can be. Paragraph three talks about the myth of Anacondas being man eaters, and her fourth describes what size anacondas are when they begin breeding and how large they can grow in a lifetime. In her conclusion she says anacondas are not an endangered species, but they are subject to being pushed out by man. She also advises against people keeping them as pets due to the fact that they can be highly aggressive.

This was my response:
This is such a cool post! I actually love snakes and I find Anacondas very interesting. Although it is a bit unsettling to hear that they are expanding more into the Gulf of Mexico because I live in Mobile Alabama and we are on the coast and not very far from the everglades! I found your post very informative and I think you are doing a very good job :)

No comments:

Post a Comment